Re: Compiling 0.9.3

On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 10:51:16AM +0200, Pablo Lopez Cienfuegos wrote:

> 	BTW, i'm trying to get balsa 0.9.3 running with ./configure
> --enable-threads --enable-info, and whenever i click on a message, balsa
> seg-faults with no core, and the following messages in stderr:
>
> $ ~/> LANG= balsa
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path:
> "libthinice.so",

> 	It couldn't find libthinice.so, because there isn't such a library.
> Configure & make went fine, without problems.(!?!)

It sounds like you're using a theme based on the thinice engine, but you
don't have the engine library actually installed.

> 	Where can i get the offending library?

If you're using Debian you can just install the gtk-engines-thinice package.
For other systems like Redhat I don't know, and if you want to compile from
source there are instructions available at gtk.themes.org.

> 	Just another suggestion, TODO is REALLY out of date (please, no more
> flames! :-)

It was not intended as a flame, I'm sorry if it came across that way.  I
have updated the TODO file in CVS, brining it up-to-date and cleaning up the
formatting.

MBG

--
 Matthew Guenther                       Demand the establishment of the
 guentherm@asme.org                     government in its rightful home at

PGP signature