Re: Compiling 0.9.3

Ian Campbell wrote:

> I coulnd't have said it better myself...
>
> needless to say I agree...
>
> On Fri, 01 Sep 2000 22:46:47 Matthew Guenther wrote:
> > There already is an advisory in the INSTALL file about using older versions
> > of gcc/egcs.  People who don't know how to compile and fix problems like
> > this, and don't read the INSTALL file should be installing from packages
> > any-ways.  This is fundamentally a system mis-configuration problem, and
> it's
> > not our job to administer every machine that wants to compile balsa.

	That was just an idea :-)

	BTW, i'm trying to get balsa 0.9.3 running with ./configure
--enable-threads --enable-info, and whenever i click on a message, balsa
seg-faults with no core, and the following messages in stderr:

$ ~/> LANG= balsa

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path:
"libthinice.so",

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path:
"libthinice.so",

** WARNING **: Cannot find expected file "balsa/balsa_icon.png" (spliced
with "pixmaps") with no extra prefixes

GnomeUI-WARNING **: Could not open help topics file NULL

** WARNING **: Cannot find expected file "balsa/balsa_icon.png" (spliced
with "pixmaps") with no extra prefixes

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path:
"libthinice.so",

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path:
"libthinice.so",
$ ~/>

	It couldn't find libthinice.so, because there isn't such a library.
Configure & make went fine, without problems.(!?!)

	Where can i get the offending library?

	Just another suggestion, TODO is REALLY out of date (please, no more
flames! :-)

--
   .~.
  (O O)     Pablo López Cienfuegos