Re: Mailbox tree bugs in 1.0-pre1

On Mon, 02 Oct 2000 20:17:12 Frank Murphy wrote:

> I've rpm upgraded from 0.9.5 to Balsa 1.0-pre1, and I feel I should
> report
> a couple of bugs I've noticed (that were around since 0.94, I think).
>
> I use balsa primarily for IMAP mail reading (I also check my local mbox,
> but just for machine errors). In the mailbox tree, I have about 20
> mailboxes. On startup, only my IMAO inbox, Local mbox, and the standard
> Balsa boxes (draft, out, sent, and trash) have the little mailbox icons.
> filter my mail on the server side (with procmail), and when I select a
> mailbox that has new mail in it, balsa adds a "full mailbox" icon, which
> then persists as an empty mailbox icon until I restart balsa. For the
> pretty factor, shouldn't all mailboxes have some icon? Or at least line
> up
> the text.

It's a known (I think) Problem with IMAP stuff, someone should really fix
it some day ;-)

> A (potentially) related problem is that the mailbox tabs do not even
> exist
> until I select a mailbox from the tree. If these are that broken, perhaps
> it should be removed.

There should only be tabs for open mailboxes, so they won't exist - until
you open a mailbox. ie it's supposed to be like that...

> Also, when I select a mailbox that has unread mail, it changes color. I
> understand that counting all the unread mail in each box every five
> minutes, but how about checking for new messages and bolding the mailbox
> name (or just giving a mailfull icon).

Look in Prefs->Mail Options->Incoming, check the "Check mail every x
minutes" box.

> Under Preferences.../Mail Servers, there's a field for "remote
> mailboxes".
> These seem to be POP boxes (as opposed to IMAP). I would think that this
> functionality would be better left in the "new mailbox" setup. (I'm not
> sure that mailboxes are a preference. Perhaps a button to a milbox
> editing
> window?)

POP mailboxes are different to IMAP ones, since they are downloaded into
your local INBOX - that is why they are separate.

> And a final small visual bug is that if you don't display both Icons and
> Text in the iconbar, the Next Unread icon is the same as the next Icon.
> (I
> don't have a suggestion on what the icon should look like though.

Perhaps next unread should be a double headed version of next, but I'm no
artist ;-)

Ian.

--
Ian Campbell