Re: probs with mailbox stats

Bill Guelker wrote:

> Unfortunately, the file consists of about 500KB of somewhat discretionary
> financial information regarding the administration of chapter 13
> bankruptcies.

I hope you realise that messages are transmitted in clear text in the email
infrastructure.  Consequently, they may be read by anyone with suitable
access to the mail servers en route to the destination mailbox or by anyone
monitoring network traffic with a packet sniffer.  This could in principle
happen anywhere on the internet.

It is vitally important that a credible encryption system is used to protect
your data.  Use of such a system assures three things (at least)
1) the message may be read only by the intended recipient
2) the recipient is assured that the message is genuine
3) the recipient can verify the identity of the sender
Bear in mind that email is very easy to forge.  Note also that ZIP encryption
is not good enough - any old PC can crack it in a matter of seconds.  Use
S/MIME or PGP.  You could try looking at http://www.gnupg.org/

Until you have this infrastructure in place, send your sensitive documents by
postal mail or use a courier service.  If you use unencrypted email for your
sensitive documents, tou might as well display them on a web page for all to
see.

--
Brian Stafford