Red Hat 7 and libpspell

I am trying to install Balsa 1.0 on my new laptop.  I installed Red Hat 7
and Helixcode Gnome, everything is running fine.  I tried to compile balsa
from source and I get an error that says that libpspell is not installed.
I do an "rpm -q pspell" and I have pspell-0.11.2-1.  I check the site
listed on the download site for Balsa and I have the latest version.

I don't want to use the RPM because I would like to enable ldap and html
support and even try out the filter functions too.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks,
Tyler