Re: Alias expansion update.

> Tab is still used to cycle, but it will move to the next widget much
> quicker.  I've got no problem with making other keys cycle if
> people come to an agreement about which keys to use :)
>
> Currently:
> ENTER accepts the expanded alias, and goes to the next widget.
> DOWN ignores the expanded alias, and goes to the next widget.
> TAB cycles if it can, otherwise it goes to the next widget.

I reckon ditch TAB and use Up and Down, make TAB act a like enter (but
leave enter too).

> > > Caveats:
> > > - It no longer colours the expansion.  I can only do this with
> > >   gtk_editable_set_selection(), which breaks normal cut & paste
> > >   in the e-mail.  Can anybody tell me how to add colour to a
> > >   GtkEntry() widget?
> >
> > I think that instead of wrapping an API around the GtkEntry you should
> > sub-class it (BalsaAddressEntry??). Then you can override the draw
> method
> > and do what ever you want, ie draw the completed part in ghosted text
> or
> > whatever (little arrow symbols to indicate more completions, eye candy
> > like that).
>
> I'm all for that.  I gotta read up a LOT on GTK, and read the actual
> GTK source before I do that!  It'll be ready in 2002.  Seriously, I
> would like that very much, but the alias stuff needs fixing much more
> urgently than I can create BalsaAddressEntry.  However, if someone
> can get me started...

I would happily knock you up a skelton at the w/e, and answer any questions
after that (since I really think its a good idea...). I think having the
expanded bit be a different colour is very important too...

Ian

--
Ian Campbell
Churchill College, Cambridge.