Re: dead-letter file support?

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000 15:27:02 Terence Haddock wrote:
> Dear Balsites,

[snip]

> Of course, I can't fix Exceed, and don't ask why the hub keeps going
> hub-bub, so I think a >really< useful feature for Balsa under this
> circumstances would be to create dead-letter files for each message in
> progress when it crashes (ala Pine, my old mail reader). I am not sure how

agreed. mail programs do this since /bin/mail. balsa should do it too.
i vote it a todo.

> it would be implemented, with a signal handler in mutt, or by some other
> means, but I could help with the implementation. Even better would be the
> ability to send it a signal to die and create dead-letter files for all
> open files. I once tried "kill -ABRT <balsapid>" on a balsa in this
> situation and it did not dump core :(.

i blame bugbuddy or something else deep inside the bowels of gnome/gtk+

> She's threatening to return to Outlook if she looses any more messages!
> She'd already be there if I didn't save that last message.

say "if you had real X instead of that PoS eXceed this wouldn't happen" :)

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds