balsa-1.0.0 and spell check

1) With balsa 1.0.0 from RPM, I have found that when I choose
'aspell' as spell check module Balsa uses 'ispell'
and visa versa.

2)  When I try spell check Russian KOI8 language composed document,
Balsa segfaults. It happens both with aspell and ispell module
(I do have configured russian dictionary for ispell, but not for
aspell).
In contrast attemp to spell check Polish just says that the disctionary
not found and Balsa is happy.

I use real ispell,   not a wrapper to aspell supplied by recent RH.
As a result my spelling is a mix-and-match of RPMS from different
distributions,   but on a command line ispell works fine for KOI8
russian.

                regards, Dmitri Pogosyan