Re: implementation of message threadings.

kažkada, berods Kt, 2000-11-09 03:23+0900, Atsuhiko Yamanaka rašė:
>   |OTOH, those speed improvements look fine. As I understand, they just
>   |make some operations on some messages at once, not one by one. And
>   |more... But no objections about this, I think parts of the patch can be
>   |integrated into 1.0.
>
> Of course, I can and it is not difficult to do. However, 1.0 will be soon
> released in a few days according to last announcement, so I think my hacks
> should be merged in 1.0.* or 1.1.* if they are accepted. Is it worth
> posting those splitted patches in a few days? And again, where should I
> post to?

If you had two separate patches, you can send here the one with just speed
improvements. Maybe it will be accepted into 1.0.

About threading, I would be interested, but generally it's a post-1.0
feature, so we may forget it for a week. Then, if a separate branch is
created, commit that into it.

You can send the patch me, as I want threading even if it crashes :)

> I'm sorry for sending such a big garbage. I had to add two new files to
> balsa, but 'configure' did not update 'src/Makefile.in' automatically, so
> I included it. I will never make a same mistake again.

That's ok. You should add those two files to Makefile.am, and Makefile.in is
generated automatically from it. Then there will be errors, meaning that you
have to reconfigure, or Makefile will be regenerated automatically.

--
Gediminas Paulauskas