Re: 0.7 Release (was Re: Another balsa bug...)

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Jules Bean wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 04:36:31PM +0100, Pawel Salek wrote:
> >
> > And we must find a way to make the bug tracking system functioning. (it's
> > just too cumbersome for me to go everyday to the website and check the
> > list
> > of open bugs; does anybody know a better solution?)
>
> There must be a way of setting the 'maintainer' --- the person to whom
> all bug correspondance is automatically emailed.  The system is based
> on the debian one, and on the debian one, the maintainer is
> automatically set by an uplaod. However, that obviously doesn't apply
> in the gnome case. Possibly webmaster@bugs.gnome.org is the person to
> contact.
>

> > Something has to be done with the website: the present one is
> > plainly dead.  Couldn't we have a site on GNOME server in such a way
> > that one could update it via CVS?
>
> I would think so. Again, ask webmaster? Or miguel?  Or stuart?
>
> Jules

Miguel would be the person to put you in touch with someone else who could
do it, worst case. I do have a login on www.gnome.org, which is also I
believe cvs.gnome.org. This is on the MOTD:

"Requests/notes about machine administration should go to
root@cvs.gnome.org."

Eliot Lee and Federico Mena-Quintero have helped me in the past on issues
similar to this.

--
Nathan P. Clemons                       "Peace favor your code."
nathan@windsofstorm.net                 ICQ: 2810688