Re: Another balsa bug... (was Re: crashes)

On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 03:39:56PM +0100, Pawel Salek wrote:
> On 2000.03.23 15:31 Matthew Guenther wrote:
> > The best way around it is probably to a GtkText widget to display the
> > message instead of our current Canvas-based solution.  :)
> > [...]
> > > By the way, what do you think guys about having, attachments showns as
> icons
> > > in a separate widget, instead of having them inline, as it is now?
> > >

> > I think doing this would be a good idea, a lot more intuitive that the
> > current situation we have at the moment.  However it might take some
> serious
> > effort to get it to work properly, (I don't know for sure as I've only
> > glanced at that section of code recently).
>
> Well, the good news is that I have it almost done :-)). But there is this
> 'almost' hurdle so I agree with Matthew: we should fix the simple bugs and
> wait with such a major code reorganization to the next release.

Hmm.

Can I throw in 2 cents here?

I'd like to see the inline display method as an option, especially for
text and image types of attachments.  To be honest, when I saw balsa
inlining an image that someone had sent me, I though it was
brilliant... much better than an attachments widget! Maybe I'm alone
in this view though..

Jules

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable