Re: Another balsa bug... (was Re: crashes)

On 2000.03.23 15:31 Matthew Guenther wrote:
> The best way around it is probably to a GtkText widget to display the
> message instead of our current Canvas-based solution.  :)
> [...]
> > By the way, what do you think guys about having, attachments showns as
icons
> > in a separate widget, instead of having them inline, as it is now?
> >

> I think doing this would be a good idea, a lot more intuitive that the
> current situation we have at the moment.  However it might take some
serious
> effort to get it to work properly, (I don't know for sure as I've only
> glanced at that section of code recently).

Well, the good news is that I have it almost done :-)). But there is this
'almost' hurdle so I agree with Matthew: we should fix the simple bugs and
wait with such a major code reorganization to the next release.

Since I didn't hear any objections, I would suggest releasing 0.7.0
version
on 31 of March, Friday (is it too fast? Would Saturday or Sunday be
better?) Last patches would be then included by 29 of March, and last
three
days would be spent on preparing PR actions and testing the distribution
with different compilation options, different settings, etc.

Any old-timers willing to share their experience of releasing software?

/Pawel