Re: Another balsa bug... (was Re: crashes)

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Pawel Salek wrote:

> This basically means that your don't have font matching pattern
> 'misc-fixed-*-iso8859-15'. Compose Window/GtkText shows the message with the
> default widget font (I guess warning message is printed too), which is - in
> your case - helvetica. GnomeCanvasTextItem - which is used for browsing
> messages - is not so smart and doesn't show the text at all. I will try to
> find the way to go around it...

The best way around it is probably to a GtkText widget to display the message
instead of our current Canvas-based solution.  :)

> By the way, what do you think guys about having, attachments showns as icons
> in a separate widget, instead of having them inline, as it is now?

I think doing this would be a good idea, a lot more intuitive that the current
situation we have at the moment.  However it might take some serious effort to
get it to work properly, (I don't know for sure as I've only glanced at that
section of code recently).

Before we go and make a drastic change like this we should think about
fixing bugs in our current development incarnation and cutting a release for
public consumption.  It's been quite awhile, and I think Balsa has improved
greatly in that time... we should let the rest of the world get access to
these changes before we have to take a huge chunk of time to re-code a major
section of the program.

Just my $0.02

MBG

--
Matthew Guenther                       If you're passed on the right...
mguenthe@engr.uvic.ca                      you're in the wrong lane.