Re: Lost count...

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Nathan Clemons wrote:

> Actually, I think I might have just stumbled on to it... I'm viewing an IMAP
> connection and then check for new mail. A new piece arrives, but the total
> count does not update. I click on the down arrow, see the new message, select
> it, and get the 1 messages, 0 new.
>
> Can anyone else duplicate this? I'm going to head to bed and work on this
> tomorrow.

I wrote most of the mailbox/message counting code, so I can tell you that
right now it only counts the number of messages in a mailbox when it loads it,
then decrements the counter when a message is deleted.  Unread messages are
only counted when loaded, and the counter is decremented when a message is
read or deleted.

I was planning on working on this (for all mailboxes though, not only IMAP),
but I got stuck finishing up the UI.

> Side note, I notice that the word-wrap is set to 79 when you do the ctrl-z.
> What is the viewer set to? It does not seem to be the same...

AFAIK, the preview pane wraps it to whatever column you've set your output
wrapping to be (In Settings->Preferences->Mail Options).  This is a bug IMHO,
I just can't think of an intuitive way to set both of them without totally
confusing a new user.

MBG

--
Matthew Guenther               Friends are relatives you make for yourself.
mguenthe@engr.uvic.ca