pb with sending mail

hello,
I just received a bounce message for a mail that I sent to an address of
this type:

To: LastName, FirstName {string} <username@domain.com>

(it was originally the From: field in the mail this person sent to me, I
simply click on Reply)

The bounce message said:

<LastName@My_SMTP_Server.fr>: Unknown user: "LastName"

(My_SMTP_Server is my personnal mail server that I use as outgoing
mail server in the preferences dialog)

I already wrote to him with mutt with the same To: field, and there was
no problem. Is this string "RFC compliant" ? "yes" would mean that balsa
have a bug in the sending code.

Thanks

--
>Moralite, au reboot suivant, la machine a mis une demi-heure de
>plus pour booter, c'etait le rm -r /tmp qui nettoyait le montage
>nfs.
   -+- RMD in Guide du linuxien pervers - "Et paf le montage nfs !" -+-