[jccheng unity ncsu edu: "Send Error Error connecting to smtp"]
- From: Stuart Parmenter <pavlov pavlov net>
- To: balsa-list gnome org
- Subject: [email@example.com: "Send Error Error connecting to smtp"]
- Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:10:53 -0700
- From: Jeffery Cheng <jccheng unity ncsu edu>
- To: jpaint balsa net, pavlov balsa net
- Subject: "Send Error Error connecting to smtp"
- Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:30:02 -500
I apologize for sending you this, because I'm sure that you're very busy, but I
do not know where else to go for help. I am having problems sending email using
Balsa or any other email client. I have been looking on the internet for
answers but have been unsuccessful. I configured the outgoing mail server
correctly with smtp.ncsu.edu. I know that the server name is correct. But
everytime I try to send an email it gives me the error: "Send Error Error
connecting to smtp.ncsu.edu". I also know that mail server works because I can
send email with Netscape Messenger while in Windows, but nothing seems to work
in Linux. Is this a sendmail.cf problem, or do I have something else configured
incorrectly in Linux? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BTW, I love how Balsa looks and feels, so keep up the good work!
] [Thread Prev