[jccheng unity ncsu edu: "Send Error Error connecting to smtp"]

I apologize for sending you this, because I'm sure that you're very busy, but I
do not know where else to go for help.  I am having problems sending email using
Balsa or any other email client.  I have been looking on the internet for
answers but have been unsuccessful.  I configured the outgoing mail server
correctly with smtp.ncsu.edu.  I know that the server name is correct.  But
everytime I try to send an email it gives me the error: "Send Error Error
connecting to smtp.ncsu.edu".  I also know that mail server works because I can
send email with Netscape Messenger while in Windows, but nothing seems to work
in Linux.  Is this a sendmail.cf problem, or do I have something else configured
incorrectly in Linux?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I love how Balsa looks and feels, so keep up the good work!

Thanks,
Jeff Cheng

--
Jeffery Cheng