Re: Saving passwords and general IMAP issues

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Peter Williams wrote:

> > Do others find the IMAP code stable, or should I be submitting bug reports
> > on the problems that I find?  Is anyone doing work on the IMAP code that is
> > not appearing in CVS?  Is there any sort of cooperation with other projects
> > to use/enhance imap code that already exists?
> >

> We like bug reports. I think Bruno was working on IMAP but I'm really
> not sure. I am willing to work on it (specifically navigating IMAP
> folders)  but unfortunately we will probably not be able to get at
> IMAP's most powerful features, due to the limitations in Balsa's
> architecture.

I hope to work on it, but may possibly not find time for quite a while.  I
do use IMAP exclusively, so when I switch over to using balsa, IMAP
support will be very important to me.

If we can just have a) use of the 'LIST' command to find all folders and
b) periodic checking of *all* folders for new messages, then it will
already be arguable superior to any existing free Linux IMAP mailer.  If
we add to that message threading (not as in libpthread, as in discussion
threading) then it will be a killer..

Jules