Re: SMTP + Threads support

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000 12:06:47 Héctor García Álvarez wrote:
> I just made a commit to the cvs which should make the SMTP work fine
> with the queue.

The bad news is that balsa does not compile now when the threads are
disabled: for example, sending_mail is used in libbalsa/send.c but not
defined. This is likely not a big deal since the threaded code seems to
be
pretty stably but might be frightening for a beginner.

I have accidentally noticed balsa uses fcntl locks and refuses to work
without them. fcntl locks rarely work reliably over NFS (I have some bad
experience) and sometimes are not available at all. This practically
renders balsa useless on systems with NFS mounted home directory. OTOH,
accessing mailbox in a NFS-mounted directory has always been a hassle...

/Pawel
PS. I also think that the "Local main user agent" entry in preferences
is misleading: if it  is supposed to mean sendmail, it should be local
mail transport agent.