Lost information

Aloo all.  I have been lurking on this list for awhile.  I like balse.
Unfortunately, it is misisng some features that I *require* in an email
client.  Recently, I saw on the list that one of the features has been
implemented.  Unfortunately, I lost the email (dont ask how.  I dont
know).  The feature was that a folder would be in bold if there was new
messages in it, and I believe, the number of messages, as well as new
messages, would appear in the folder info pane.

Well, I recently d/l'ed and installed from CVS.  Unfortunately, this was
not working.  I am getting non english characters in the 'unread' and
'total' panes.  I ran 'configure  --enable-all --enable-info
--enable-threads'.  Was there something else I would need to do?

I realize that this might(is) be a work in progress and incomplete.  I
just want to try it out (balsa is the best gnome email client yet, but
still lacking a few things).  If someone could resend the information
about this feature, Id be grateful.

Thanks,
David Patterson