Mailbox list patch

Howdy,

Here's a little something I cooked up over the past couple 'o weeks.
It implements a whole bunch of new stuff with the mail box list,
including showing columns displaying the number of unread messages and
read messages.  It also bolds any mailboxes with unread mail, and
changes the icon to show that it's full.  In addition, I've cleaned up
the mailbox list code a whole bunch, and eliminated a bunch of bugs
that were causing segfaults along the way.

I also made some changes to mailbox.c, making the loading code read
the number of read/unread messages into the structure.  Also fixed the
message flag-altering code to prevent double-decrements (which was
happening because of a line in balsa-index-page.c, line 392.  Does
anyone know why message_read gets called there?  Can it be removed?

There are still a few issues that I need to fix, but I think we could
probably change the '--enable-info' configure option to default to on.
(Assuming no one discovers some major faults now :).

Some of the issues include the fact that the bold font is hard coded at
the moment, I can't figure out a way to get the XLFD from the style to
see what font the user has for the style.  Should the bold font be
dropped considering we have the icon change and the column display?
The other major issue is that of a function to determine if a mailbox
has unread messages without actually counting them.  I've tried
mailbox_have_new_messages, mailbox_check_new_messages, and other
functions of my own creation, but none of them seem to work right.  I
think I have a better idea of how to go about it now, so I'm going to
give it another shot... but if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear
them (I'm trying to make it format-independent).

Have a good weekend,

MBG

--
  Matthew Guenther                     I'm going to Boston to see my doctor.
  mguenthe@netcom.ca                   He's a very sick man.

mblist-patch.gz

PGP signature