RE: ESMTP and SMTP (Update and plea for help)...

	Hello again.  I did more research into the SMTP issue and I hope
there might be someone to help me since my C is rusty.  In the send.c file
in /libbalsa after the initial HELO command there is another check for the
SMTP response in smtp_answer () and this is where (IMHO) the problem is.
For some reason at this point smtp_answer () returns a non-zero value and
then jumps to moving the message to the Outbox (like it should).  I'm having
trouble finding the reason as to why I get a non-zero result.  If I run
balsa under gdb and set the breakpoint at smtp_answer() and step (or next)
through from there it *works* but when I just run balsa it doesn't.  Sorry
for my C and debugging ignorance but that is about as much help as I can
give.  I'm using a remote Sendmail 8.10.Beta12 release with ESMTP support
and latest CVS version of balsa.

	  The buffer is 512 characters in the command reply and my actual
reply from Sendmail might only be about 80 so I'm really confused.  My reply
from the M$ Exchange server is only the code number (e.g. 250 OK) so I think
it is the reply that Sendmail sends to the HELO statement (e.g. 250 OK Hello
computer [1.1.1.1] nice to meet you, etc).  What really bothers me is why it
works when I run it through the debugger (I don't change anything other than
setting the breakpoint at smtp_answer() and stepping through from there).
Thanks for any help and thanks again for a mail client that rocks.