Re: Can't display html attachments

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:25:46 Robert Broughton wrote:
> I've just started using balsa v0.9.3, and have a recent version of helix.
(The
> Gnome control center is v1.2.1.) When I get an email with an html attachment,
and
> attempt to open the attachment, balsa tells me "No view action defined in
gnome
> MIME for this content type. Content TypeL text/html." I've gone into "Mime
> Types" in the control center, and both "open" and "view" are defined for
text/html.
> Help!

If you feel brave you can try to build balsa with --enable-gtkhtml. it's
disabled on the rpm spec files.
beware i've had gtkhtml crash on me with some mild yet buggy html :)
so, word of vice, if balsa crashes consistently when trying to view a certain
message (w/ html attach) try an html less balsa :)

anyway, gtkhtml does a nice job for most stuff.

cheers

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds