Re: new imap stuff.

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Carlos Morgado wrote:
> > 2. I have noticed that mutt code uses extensively mutt_message. Present
> > impplementation of mutt_message() in libbalsa/libbalsa.c is not very
> > practical, I wonder what is the best way of implementing it: setting the
> > status line, popping up a message box (I'd rather hate the second option)?
> >
> mutt_message()s go to the mutt pseudo-status-line-curses-hack right ?
> seems reasonable for balsa too :)

Yesterday I said I had connected this up to a warning dialog. I was wrong
- I connected mutt_error up to the callback to create a dialog containing
a list of warnings, I did nothing with mutt_message.

Perhaps we could change the warning list dialog into a messages list
dialog, and hook mutt_message up to it as well.

Then we could have options:
Show Message Dialog:
     *  Never
     *  On Errors Only
     *  On Any Message
[X] Show meesage in status bar

or something

then it would make sense to define a balsa_message function and make
copius use of it throughout the balsa code... (well, not too copious - but
in preference to any g_print's etc)..

What do people think? If I don't hear before I get home, I might start
hacking this up...

Ian.