Re: feature request.

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 19:49:21 Jules Bean wrote:
> > 4. imap.
>
> I'm hoping I might have some time to work on that.  Busy at the moment,
> though.

That would be nice. Maybe you'll get some help from Andrew S. Zbikowski then?
Looks like he's pretty eager to get started with something.

> > 5. nntp.
> > 	This is a email program, never heard of any plans involving nntp to
> > 	balsa. pan may be used instead :)
>
> Don't see why not. 95% of a news reader is a mail reader.  Seems silly not
> to support it. (Evolution will)

Well, we can't do it all, just because it's in Evolution. Personally I think
there are to many other things we ought to do first.

> > 6. threading
> > 	David commited threaded mail to the cvs yesterday.
>
> But that's not what he meant by threading, dammit!  Sigh.
>
> Or am I wrong, did David commit code to group mails into threads?  I'm
> pretty sure he committed code for asynchronoous mail chacking with
> threads, but that's quite different :-)

Yepp, your so right. My fault, I just read it in a hurry an saw the
word thread (there have been a lot of threading latly ;). But threading mail
like that would be a nice feature to have :)

> > 7. filters.
> > 	have this ever worked? I use procmail, and thats working just fine :)
> >

> I don't remember balsa ever having filters.  Whilst it would be nice to
> have filters, sure, (a) procmail is a very good solution (b) exim is
> another very good solution (c) evolution will do something even cleverer
> than filters, eventually.

Yepp, there was someone named Joel Becker who started on filters, I believe he
never got the chance to finishing it up ??? (I don't know what happend there.)

-Ragnar-