feature request.

first things first :)

To comment some of your points.

1. opening mailbox upon startup.
	Absolutly this is something we should have.
2. Status of email.
	This did work, but broke awail ago. I think there are someone
	looking into this.
3. gnome-canvas.
	I guess your pointing at preview-pane? This is something that we
	have been discussing, but we never mad any conclution to this.
	One of the reasons why gnome-canvas is used, are for inline attachment
	viewing.
4. imap.
	People are working with pop for the moment. Maybe they start developing
	imap afterwards :)
5. nntp.
	This is a email program, never heard of any plans involving nntp to
	balsa. pan may be used instead :)
6. threading
	David commited threaded mail to the cvs yesterday.

7. filters.
	have this ever worked? I use procmail, and thats working just fine :)

So as you can see, there's alot going on for the moment. Be patient, and most
of the things you requested will come for a day :)

-Ragnar-