Re: libfetchmail (was Re: Camel)

David Fallon wrote:

> > For IMAP, though, I really think that we would be better off writing our
> > own backend.  Of course, we could borrow heavily from Fetchmail or
> > libmutt, or whatever is convenient, but I don't see it as a simple
> > "plug-it-in" solution.
>
> Why? From my highly inexperienced look, it seemed to fully support IMAP.

Will this work well for situations where you want ALL mail to remain on
the server, and NOT use a local mailstore?  My impression has always
been that fetchmail was never really designed for this.

Of course, you are right that it doesn't mean we couldn't steal code
from it.

--
Jesse D. Sightler

"Do not use a hatchet to remove a fly from your friend's forehead."
      - Chinese Proverb