libfetchmail (was Re: Camel)

Is there any reason for not making a libfetchmail?  It seems to me that most
of the functionality for a transport library is already in the fetchmail
program.  All that remains is to seperate what would be useful for a library
from the fetchmail interface and the add any functionality that it currently
lacks.  Is there some problem with this?

Just a suggestion.

Tony