Re: libfetchmail (was Re: Camel)

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Anthony Joseph Seward wrote:

> Is there any reason for not making a libfetchmail?  It seems to me that most
> of the functionality for a transport library is already in the fetchmail
> program.  All that remains is to seperate what would be useful for a library
> from the fetchmail interface and the add any functionality that it currently
> lacks.  Is there some problem with this?
>
> Just a suggestion.

IMHO! I dont understand this discussions about POP3/IMAP/SMTP.
That all the people on the list is talking about :-)

First of all we need to have a good gnomebased mail "reader"
that have all features as pine/mutt, search functions and other
important stuff. In the moment balsa bug as hell and is unusabel as
reader...

Fetchmail/Sendmail is doing the other things greats as daemons :-)

When we have a good working mailer then we should start talking about
implement POP3/SMTP/IMAP as libs or maybe use gnome-mailer codebase.

Just IMHO, dont want to start any flamewar :-)

Greats

MikeH

---
Check out my Linux page at: