Re: CVS Snapshot compile problem

you would have received more help if you had sent this to the gnome-list :)

troy@whadda.com said:
// I actually specified no particular locations when I installed these.
// When I do a locate on these, I see:

// # locate gtk.m4 /usr/local/share/aclocal/gtk.m4 /usr/share/aclocal/
// gtk.m4
You must have one and only one copy of each .m4 file unless aclocal will fail.
In this case, the /usr/shar/aclocal ones are the bad one.
Ifeel like you have a "builtin" gtk rpm instalmled. You must remove it.

// # locate glib.m4 /usr/local/share/aclocal/glib.m4 /usr/share/aclocal/
// glib.m4

// # locate libtool.m4 /usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4

// The gtk.m4 and glib.m4 are each different versions (at least they have
// different sizes and dates).  Before I got your message I had added /
// usr/local/share/aclocal to ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig to no effect;
// that was a longshot based on my feeble understanding.
.m4 files are configuration macro files, ld config is a dynamic library cache
utility. (man ldconfig should be more verbose)

regards,

	Bertrand.