Re: pb with attaching files and sending mails

On Fri, 31 Dec 1999, Joaquim Fellmann wrote:

> Hye, are those pb  known:
>
> * there's no way to attach any file with a mail.
> The error message is it can't find the attachment pixmap ! which is of
> course with the other pixmaps
>
> Balsa try to load the pixmap from: "NONE/pixmaps/balsa/attachment.png"
> seems that there a bad replacement of a variable...

Did you use the same prefix you use for your other gnome packages? For
instance, if you have gnome installed on /usr you should run autogen.sh
like this:

	./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr

and if you had on /opt/gnome you should run

	./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gnome

and the default is /usr/local and if you have it installed on other place
it will not find the pixmaps and the sounds.

> * Another problem is I can't send an email at all:
>
> I click on the "write icon" I write the email and when I click on "Send":
>
> Balsa crashed; Segmentation fault.
>
> And no other error messages.
> I compiled the very last CVS version of balsa, with the new gob package.
> I simply made

Do you know how to use gdb? Just run 'gdb balsa'. And the use command
'run'. After balsa showed up make it crash. gdb will be waiting for a
command and then you use command 'bt' and send the output to this list.
After this you exit by using command 'quit'.

> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure
> make
> make install
>
> PS: I use the french locales

Please try with no locales:

	LANG=en_US balsa

and see if you still have the second error.

Bye, thanks for the bug report and have a happy new year.

                                               Bruno Pires Marinho
                                      http://camoes.rnl.ist.utl.pt/~bapm/