Re: patch: reading signature file when needed
- From: "Sverre H. Huseby" <sverrehu online no>
- Cc: balsa-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: patch: reading signature file when needed
- Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 20:39:16 +0100
[Bruno Pires Marinho]
| I was thinking in using a way of caching the signature (using stat
| to know if the file changed and a global variable with the last
| time the file changed) but I don't have mutch time now... maybe
| you can do that.
Before doing anything, I would like to know what you intend to
acchieve by caching a small file that is used (read) only when the
user opens a composer window.
If anything should be done to the signature reading code, I think it
should be the following:
* Get rid of the stat and lseek, and just do a sequential read. This
would allow non-reqular files (such as named pipes). Of course
this complicates the dynamic buffer allocation a little bit, but
* If Balsa is intended for hackers as well as for "the rest", it
would be cool to support some perl'ish "~/bin/sig_generator |"
(note the trailing vertical bar), meaning that the signature
should be the output from the given program.
] [Thread Prev