Mailbox Updates

I noticed in the TODO list that there was an idea to support existing procmailrc files.  Does anyone have a plan of attack for that?  This is the one feature that I need, since all of my mail is filtered through procmail.  Also, when using procmail, the only way I can see if new mail had been brought to a mail box would be to open each box indviidually to check, or close out balsa completely and start it again to see the boxes with new mail.  Is there a way to have the mailboxes update their icons after an interval to show if new mail arrives?