Re: Mailbox Updates

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Chris Edwards wrote:

> I noticed in the TODO list that there was an idea to support existing
> procmailrc files.  Does anyone have a plan of attack for that?  This
> is the one feature that I need, since all of my mail is filtered
> through procmail.

That's a non-sequitur, surely.  If your mail is filtered by procmail, then
you don't need balsa to understand the .procmailrc.  It just reads the
results.

> Also, when using procmail, the only way I can see
> if new mail had been brought to a mail box would be to open each box
> indviidually to check, or close out balsa completely and start it
> again to see the boxes with new mail.  Is there a way to have the
> mailboxes update their icons after an interval to show if new mail
> arrives?

Now *this* is a feature we really do need.

Perhaps this one would be worth rushing in for release?  It's only a few
stat() calls, after all..

Jules