Re: Unidentified subject! (Two Balsas crash)

On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 11:38:40AM -0500, David Pickens wrote:

> I hope you'll take this in the spirit in which it's intended, but we're
> not, after all, talking about the latest version of grep. :)  Even
> established text mail clients like Pine don't handle multiple instances
> particularly well.  From a logistical point of view, I wonder if splitting

Mutt seems to make a reasonable stab at it.  It lets you have as many
instances looking at a mailbox as you like, and each instance warns you if
the existing messages have been changed underneath (new messages show up
fine).

I haven't looked at the implementation (I assume it works by keeping the
mailbox closed most of the time) but from a user perspective it's
excellent.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/