enable-threads/libc/Relase?

Hmm - I tried to send this from Balsa, but I'm not sure that the list is
receiving it.  I may be having the same problem that Hector was.  In any
case, this is what I wrote:

On Thu, 02 Dec 1999 01:36:12 David Pickens wrote:

Hey,

In the interest of making sure that the multi-threaded mail issues
wouldn't hold up a release I committed the changes necessary to allow
non-threaded compiles tonight.  I've run through 3 or 4 sets of
compiles (both with and without threads) and it seems to work OK on my
system, but I have glibc (and pthreads) installed, so I'd appreciate
hearing from anyone who has problems compiling with libc5.

This means, now, that you MUST use ./configure --enable-threads if you
want to use (and can use) the multi-threaded capacity.  (Which I hope
you will!)

(As for binary releases, I think it makes sense to release
binaries/RPMS of both glibc and libc5 'versions'.)

> > Hi all > > > > I would like to see a release soon, or a least
> before Debianīs freeze so it > > get into potato. > > Well, I would
> advocate not rushing a release out before it's ready. But compared >
> to previous Balsas this one looks pretty nice. We *need* to have
> threading > optional, though.

I hope that's dealt with.

For "The Release" -- should we come up with a specific list of things
that should make it 'into' the next release, and which we'll 'put
off'?

Or, are we just doing bug-fixes (which seems reasonable too)?

David