UI update

Ok ...

  I am trying to make more use of the statusbar that is down
there in Balsa. Did not notice anything usefull in it yet.
(patch will follow :)
I did add the statusbar to balsa_app in balsa_app.h, so I could
access it everywhere. Now I push and pop messages to the bar,
but they show too late. i.e. I want a notification that balsa
is still retrieving e-mail. But the Message is displayed when the
check is finnished ... too late.
So, is there some update method in the gtk tree ?
(a g_message at the same place is displayed at once ... so, it must
be some "lazy" UI rendering)

regards,
   Michael