Re: New Logo For GNOME.Asia Summit 2015

Frankly, If the logo must be changed, or local team thought it should be changed, I prefer GREEN one. Because original logo is green, just stay for tradition.

BTW, I also like Red one, cause the national Flag of Indonesia is red-white. It may import some national feature.

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Indonesia

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 9:30 PM, Oliver Propst <oliver propst gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 7:24 AM, Estu Fardani <estu jogja linux or id> wrote:
> Hi all.
Hi, good initiative. I very much like the simplicity of the design.
The GNOME text its very bold, and I'm curious what font its using?

> I prever use brown one.
Yeah the brown one looks nicest to me to.

> About the logo.
> It symbolized "Gunungan" from Wayang.
>
> Wayang is a Javanese word for particular kinds of theatre. When the term is
> used to refer to kinds of puppet theatre, sometimes the puppet itself is
> referred to as wayang.
> Performances of shadow puppet theatre are accompanied by a gamelan orchestra
> in Java, and by gender wayang in Bali.
I see cool.

> "Gunungan"  in shadow puppet is in the form of cone, which symbolizes human
> life.  The higher level of the knowledge he has, and the older his age,
> human has to be conical (which called GOLONG GILIG in Javanese culture) -
> the  unity of soul, feelings, thoughts, will and work in our life – to be
> closer to the creator – the God.
I would be very careful about including any religious symbols as they
may be upsetting for some people.

--
-mvh Oliver Propst

/***