Re: New Logo For GNOME.Asia Summit 2015

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 7:24 AM, Estu Fardani <estu jogja linux or id> wrote:
Hi all.
Hi, good initiative. I very much like the simplicity of the design.
The GNOME text its very bold, and I'm curious what font its using?

I prever use brown one.
Yeah the brown one looks nicest to me to.

About the logo.
It symbolized "Gunungan" from Wayang.

Wayang is a Javanese word for particular kinds of theatre. When the term is
used to refer to kinds of puppet theatre, sometimes the puppet itself is
referred to as wayang.
Performances of shadow puppet theatre are accompanied by a gamelan orchestra
in Java, and by gender wayang in Bali.
I see cool.

"Gunungan"  in shadow puppet is in the form of cone, which symbolizes human
life.  The higher level of the knowledge he has, and the older his age,
human has to be conical (which called GOLONG GILIG in Javanese culture) -
the  unity of soul, feelings, thoughts, will and work in our life – to be
closer to the creator – the God.
I would be very careful about including any religious symbols as they
may be upsetting for some people.

--
-mvh Oliver Propst