Re: Travel Arrangement

On 15 May 2012 09:07, Haggen So <haggenso gmail com> wrote:
> On 15 May 2012 01:32, Aleksander Morgado <aleksander lanedo com> wrote:
>> On 12/05/12 08:12, Haggen So wrote:
>>>
>>> DotAsia helped us and arranged a corporate group booking at Harbour
>>> Plaza 8 Degrees - 199 Kowloon City Road, Tokwawan, Kowloon. The price
>>> for individual booking will be 2300HKD/295USD per room but we are able
>>> to halve that price to 1120HKD/145USD. We are expecting everyone to
>>> share the room with another person.
>>>
>>> 1) Speakers send a mail toasia-summit-list gnome org  if they want the
>>>
>>> hotel room to be booked for them.
>>

>> Is that price (2300HKD) for 2 nights, or just for 1?
>>
>> Does it include breakfast & internet? (they charge it separately)
>>
>> I looked at the rates myself in that hotel and if you purchase 21 days in
>> advance and without cancellations, you get already 935HKD per night.

First, kudo to Aleksander, it is an important discovery.

We contacted the corporate branch of the hotel and they were surprised
by the online price offered. The price they said on the online offer
was 963HKD* without Internet and our current price with through the
corporate branch is 1000HKD+120HKD for one Internet login account. And
it is a group booking for 10 rooms. If we can get ourselves organised
and register before this Friday (21 days in advance), the online
opinion is better.

The corporate branch refused to lower the price but can allow us to pay later.

Haggen

* Aleksander, can you let us know the origin of 935HKD?