Invitation to GNOME.Asia Summit invitation only sessions

Dear sirs,

I have been discussing with <prem> on your IRC channel who kindly gave me your two email addresses in order to further extend the benefits of having GNOME release and marketing team in town.

We are running 2 other sessions separate from the summit itself where we would be honored to have your presence.

The first session will happen on Thursday March 31. Time hasn't be determined yet but the topic is about improving (technical) collaboration between the GNOME Project and Linux distribution. People attending the session will be GNOME Foundation board directors, members of the GNOME release team and representatives of Debian, OpenSUSE and Oracle Enterprise Linux. I believe it would make sense for you guys to also attend and give us feedback on what to expect.

I have communicated with the people above in the past and sent them preliminary questions which I will append to this email for you to have an idea of what we'd be interested to find out and what the session will be centered around.

Then on Friday April 1 we are having a full day session on how to make money with GNOME and Free Software. Description of the session can be found here:
http://2011.gnome.asia/conference/activities/business-session

For this session it probably make sense for business, strategy or product departments to attend.

Both sessions are happening at the Dayananda Sagar Institutions and based on your feedback I will provide you with more specific details.

The whole GNOME team is very excited to be engaging with local Asian distributions and be able to exchange knowledge and information.

Looking forward to reading from you soon.

Kind regards,

Fred

appendix:
The 5 questions that were asked are the followings:
1. What version(s) of GNOME do you maintain in a stable fashion?
2. How much work does this represent?
3. Do you feel there is duplication of work between what you do and what
other distribution do?
4. How do you see a potential collaboration between all of "us"
(upstream and downstream projects)?
5. We are definitely aware that today each of us use a different bug
tracking system. Do you see any possible technical solution that could
address this specific issue?