Re: [Fwd: wi-fi BOM at GNOME.Asia 2011 conference in Bangalore, India]

Hi Bharath,

Thanks for your updates!

On 03/19/2011 02:38 PM, Bharath Acharya wrote:
Hello All,

The network providers came back to us saying they will provide us the
high speed internet for 3 days of hackfest + 2 days of conference at the
college. The first 2 days however covered by Intel in their office.

Total cost borne = Rs 8,17,000 (18,140 USD) out of that consumables and
manpower cost will be Rs 32750 (727 USD)

They want us to cover 727 USD of consumables + manpower as mentioned in
the attached mail.

As our network sponsor, we expect them not to charge any manpower fee. The event is not for profit and we are all volunteers here, please explain to them we don't want to pay in money form, but we are willing to give them 1 booth in exchange for their service.  The exhibition value will be like 1000$ already.

I will try to negotiate some discounts on that, but
does everyone think it is a good option to go for the network providers.

They would still want to be mentioned as network sponsors, but the
consumables which cannot be reused they do not want to be put money on
that.

Let me know if we can allot some budget for networking this year. Also
Srini, would Intel like to take up the cost for being the joint network
sponsors as mentioned previously? Either the hackfest party or the
network anything is good enough. That will help us offset the cost
surely.

@All: Views/ Comments?

Regards,
Bharath