Re: GNOME 3.0 Bangalore hackfest participation (Ryan)

On 03/15/2011 12:27 PM, Ryan Lortie wrote:
hi Fred,

On 15/03/11 12:09 AM, Frederic Muller wrote:
We're still waiting (the travel committee) for your formal application
for travel subsidies. Can you kindly fill up the attached form and email
it to travel-committee (at) gnome.org as soon as possible?

Thanks for the reminder. I just sent it off.

I firmed up my dates on the wiki. It looks like I arrive very late on
the night of the 25th and leave very late on the night of the 4th, so I
guess I need the hotel for checkin on the 25th and checkout on the 4th.

I intend to stay in the same room with Andreas Nilsson if that works out
okay. I don't know if he has contacted you about it yet. It looks like
he has similar flight times to mine but a day later to arrive and a day
earlier to depart.

Cheers

Thanks for reacting so fast. I'm copying the asia summit list as hotel arrangement is done by the people on that list. If you check the faq [1] you'll notice that we recommend one taxi company over the others to avoid trouble from airport to hotel (trouble as in getting charged more than you should). I quote:
"Q: What are the transport options from Bengaluru International Airport?

A: You can choose to take a bus or taxi as below:

1. BMTC {Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation} volvo bus service – From Airport take route number BIAS 11, get down at Padmanabhanagara and from there it's 1.5 km. You can take walk or hire an auto which should charge approximately Indian Rs. 20.

Volvo bus routes http://www.bmtcinfo.com/site/BSBusServicesRouteDetails.jsp?bsserviceid=1

2. Private cab service: Meru Cabs, Tel: 91-80-4422-4422 http://www.merucabs.com/

***** Please note that Meru Cabs are highly recommended but not the other brands that usually charge you more."

Hope you'll find that useful. We'll follow up on the room arrangements and all look forward to seeing you (again for some of us) in Bangalore.

Thank you.

Fred