Re: Student training

On Mon, 2011-03-14 at 10:31 +0530, Akhil Laddha wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-03-14 at 12:53 +0800, Pockey Lam wrote:

> > > The problem with option 1 is about event dates. We cann't specify
> > > separate dates on registration page. I don't see anyway to have April 1
> > > - April 3 for student training + conference on same registration page
> > > which we are using for gnome.asia conference.
> >
> > If we don't have other way, let's use separate registration then. thanks!

> > > The benefit for option 2 is we can limit total number of students much
> > > less that what we have kept for conference registration. We should open
> > > training for maximum 100 students. It will be difficult to arrange
> > > training room for more than 100 students as we need computers for hands
> > > on training and student training can be set up separate as it's a free
> > > event.
> >
> > We can provide the same training for 2 or 3 days, like this we can train
> > max. 300 students with 3 days. What do you think?
>
> Sorry but i won't be able to give training for 2-3 days even though it's
> for 2-3 hrs per day. If you can find other people who are ready for
> training, we can go ahead with more than one day. and some where i feel
> we are taking too many items in our bucket during this year
> conference. :-)

:) +1
A 3 day training is very exhausting and the students always have an
option of working with us unofficially during the conference days (The 1
day training being a day before the actual conference)

But if we have more trainers (You, Fred, Brian, Srini, Vincent...) then
we can get the 300 number. I would like Me and Akhil being free for the
1st day of Hackfest at the venue (In case we need to arrange something
for the hackfests and need some running around)

Regards,
Bharath