Re: Guest registration for sponsors / speakers / guests

On 03/10/2011 05:08 PM, Akhil Laddha wrote:
On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 00:38 +0800, Pockey Lam wrote:
Hi Lakhil,

I remember you mentioned that we will give guests registration for our
sponsors and speakers, would you please let us know the code or the
method of guest registration so we can send it out soon, thanks!

We have added three more sections in ticketing section - Speaker,
Volunteer and Sponsor's delegate (who are from sponsored companies)
because when i tried to send guest invite, it didn't allow me to send as
different category other than already defined ones (delegate, student,
corporate delegate). We have kept opening date as March 28, so that
those categories don't show up on registration page.

If you go to Registration ->  guest invite, you will be able to send
invite to respective people.

That mean we need to use the back office to send invitation to each guest.
For all the speakers, I will use this process as they already confirmed to join and I have all their email addresses.

But for sponsors, it may not be that convenient. Since they will need to ask internally who will be joining. The process will be quite complicated: we will need one person inside the company to ask internally who will be joining, ask for their names / email address, we send them invitation, they have to confirm emails again in order to get a eticket. It will be duplication of process and work, any easier way? e.g. can we just send a link together with a code / password or anything? :)

Besides, I would suggest not to limit any number of participants especially for our top three sponsors.

Akhil