Re: Being a speaker of GNOME.Asia Summit 2011

On 03/05/2011 11:11 PM, Frederic Peters wrote:
Frederic Muller wrote:
[..]
Hope that's useful to you.

It would be excellent if Josselin could come, he has much more
perspective than me on the Debian/GNOME situation.

FYI Emilio (pochu) forwarded me the request for a Debian person as he
was not sure any of them could make it; I answered him that,

  | for many reasons I would prefer if somebody else could be there for
  | Debian (...). Nevertheless if no alternative is possible I'll be
  | there and represent Debian.

So the status is that Josselin is trying to get his company (EDF) to sponsor his trip. Considering we're doing rather ok with the sponsorship I also offered to provide travel subsidies.

Now I think if Josselin is really motived he should be able to make it as there should be little to no financial issue.

If you think of anyone else who ought to be there as well, please let us know. FWIW we're also in "intense" discussion with other people such as Owen Taylor, Matthew Allum and others to attend the event as we think they would bring great value.

Thanks a lot.

fred