Re: GNOME Speakers and goodies - MOSC2011

On 06/08/2011 09:36 PM, Emily Chen wrote:

FWIW, I just looked and sending someone from Europe would cost
€1300-€1400, with a full-day trip (ie, 24 hours); which is quite some
money and time to invest. So I guess any final decision depends how
important our presence to this event is :-)

I totally agreed! It makes more sense to have someone nearby to join! I will have a irc meeting and Bharath should join, I will ask him later!

Hi Pockey,

If we want GNOME Foundation to send speakers to events, the process is:
1. Contact/Invite potencial speakers
2. Get a budget esitimation for the travel cost
3. Send budget to board to approve
4. Send application to travel committee, then scan all the receipt and send back to travel committee.

It will take time to go through the process. You'd better confirm the speakers soon.
Thanks Emily!

As written in the meeting minutes of the GNOME.Asia irc meeting yesterday, Akhil and Bharath recommended Punit Jain as a speaker of the MOSC2011 to talk about how to develop GNOME (apps) and briefly introduce the GNOME community. Punit was a speaker and student trainer of the GNOME.Asia Summit 2011. He works for Novell India and is getting approval from his management, will keep us posted the coming days. Hope he can join and we are always happy to help with the slides or review them.