Re: Regarding GNOME 3.0 Bangalore Hack fest 2011

Fred:

The Hackfest is only for current members of the GNOME release and
marketing team, so it's somewhat private/invitation only. There is no
competition neither, the objective of the hackfest is to get GNOME 3.0
fully tested and documented for its release.

The Hackfest is invitation only, but people from the community can put
forth proposals about what they could work on or how they could
contribute at the hackfest.   Invitations can be extended to anyone
within the GNOME or Free Software community with a good, relevant
idea to propose and the motivation to get involved.  By relevant
proposal I mean something focused on the GNOME 3 launch, improving the
GNOME community in Asia, etc.

Now I would recommend that you attend the conference which is happening
on Saturday April 2nd and open to all. There will be a minimal entry fee
as it is standard in India as follows (exact fee still under discussion):
- Students $4-$5
- Delegates $10
- Corporate delegates $50

Right, this is probably the best choice for the person with a more
casual interest.

Brian