GNOME stock administration tools.

Hi Summit List,

 My name is Sivan Greenberg. A long time gnome contributor and
integrator for Ubuntu.

 I once used to work on gnome-system-tools:
http://gnome-system-tools.sourcearchive.com/documentation/2.27.1/privileges-table_8c-source.html

I am wondering if there is room to re establish the GNOME upstream
system tools, but with a re-design from the ground up and implementing
it all in Python? What is the modern choice for developing Python /
GTK apps today? Is it still SimpleGladeApp + PyGTK?

My PyGTK experience:
https://code.launchpad.net/~sivan/hubackup/hubackup--main

If this is interesting, I might be able (given travel and
accommodation sponsorship) to attend and work on this burning issues
in GNOME in my opinion.

Best,

-Sivan