Re: GNOME.Asia Summit 2011 conference updates

2011/2/2 Pockey Lam <pockeylam gnome org>
Dear all,

Here is some updates regarding the conference tentative schedule, potential topics and speakers list. Please feel free to let us know if you have any thoughts!

Conference Schedule
I have worked with Bharath to draft a tentative schedule for the 1 day conference:
you may access at http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2011Summit/TentativeSchedule

If we have three tracks, we can have:
1) 3   x   1 hour keynotes speeches,
2) 21   x   30 mins timeslot for talks ( 7 x 30 mins talks / track) ----- talks can be schedule for either 1 hour or 30 mins
3) 6   x   5 mins lightning talks

Booths, workshops and BOFs will be in separate rooms / area.

Potential speakers list

Some hackers already said they would join us while not yet submit their papers / register at the hackers page.
Here is a list: http://live.gnome.org/action/login/GnomeAsia/2011Summit/PotentialSpeakers
We already have 6 local speakers and 9 international speakers confirmed that they want to join :-)

There are still a few potential speakers for us to invite them:
  1. Brian Cameron (GNOME Foundation)
  2. Stefano Zacchiroli (Debian Project Leader)
  3. Havoc Pennington (D-Bus, Gconf, Metacity, etc)
  4. Dave Neary (gnome mobile)
  5. other suggestions
Is it okay if we send them emails to invite them?

Yes. we can start to invite them now. Just want to confirm, is it target on keynote speakers?

How about invite core developer of GNOME 3, GNOME shell, like Owen Taylor since the main theme is GNOME 3.

-Emily

Conference topics
We have a topic wish list at
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2011Summit/ConferenceTopics, please submit your talk if you can present any of the topics from the list.
Besides we can send this wishlist to potential speakers for reference as well.

- Pockey