Conference program arrangement of COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010 (Re: Google is as our Bronze sponsor for GNOME.Asia Summit 2010)

2010/5/21 Emily Chen <emilychen522 gmail com>:
>> > 3. For the talk submit, what if one sponsors has more talks? It seems
>> > can
>> > only submit one talk at the web form
>>
>> 3. We only collect tech talk in our web form, if the Diamond sponsor
>> want to have plenary talk. We will discuss with them in email, since
>> there are only very few plenary talk slots. Also based on current CFS,
>> each Diamond and Gold level sponsor have only one tech talk slot.
>>
>> But if the a specical sponsor ask for extra talks, I think it's very
>> easy to mange with emails?
>
> Sorry, I was confused before. On the web form, the talk means "keynote or
> plenary" , my understanding was all kinds of tech talks and sessions.
>
> so let me clarify it:
> Web form only collect plenary talk for Diamond sponsors.
> Other technical talks or sessions will use another call for papers system to
> collect.
>
> Am I right ?

Hi, Emily

Actually, in sponsors web form, the from is asking for technical talk
information, for plenary talk sponsors need to discuss with us.

Since the talk is submitted by sponsor, we should always reserved the
slot for them. And if sponsors submit talks via CfP system, it can be
rejected by mistake. For keeping same contact person with sponsors, we
did not ask them to use CfP system.

Let me explain how the conference program been planed and different of talks

*talks and tracks*
There would be 4 tracks going in 4 different rooms in COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010.
Each program committee manage 2 tracks, expected for the plenary talk
which spnned 4 tracks.

*plenary talk*
A honor keynote speaker or diamond level sponsors will have 45 minutes
talk spanned 4 tracks.

Both teams need to agree on the arrange on which sponsor/speaker will
give plenary talk, and the schedule of plenary talks. Keynote as we
discussed is one of plenary talk.

For the diamond level sponsors, they have rights to promote their own
products in the plenary talk. But we usually communicate with the
sponsors ahead to have topic fit into the tone of conference. So
sponsors get better feedback and benefit of the talk, because
audiences usually do not like non-free or not open source related
topic in COSCUP.

At this moment, we have agreed there are 3 plenary talks but not more
then 4 plenary talks in 5/18 irc meeting.

*technical talk*
A technical talk is a 30 minutes talk for COSCUP in one track. Diamond
and Gold sponsors will have one technical talk slot, but we ask their
talk must be related to open source software, no matter sharing usage
experience or development HOWTO. And we also provides a guidance[1]
for sponsors, to help them find the right topic of technical talk.

COSCUP usually planned 30 minutes length tech talk, but GASC is
totally free to set length of talks, expected for the time of plenary
talk.

[1] http://wiki.coscup.org/memo-for-speaker-2010

Regards
-Rex